A helmet Snell rated SA/M 2015 or better is required.
The weather at the track can be cold to the upper 90’s. Bring clothing for any weather situation.
As the rules state you and or any passengers will need long pants, as well as closed toe shoes. As you inspect or work on your car you may get dirty so bringing a spare set of clothes to the track is a good idea.
Do not put new street tires on the car you may ruin them! The deeper tread will flex and the tread blocks will roll over under heavy cornering. This may cause the tire to chunk (ie. lose whole tread blocks or sections of the tire tread). A partially worn street or competition tire will perform more consistently and wear less because they have been heat cycled. Heat cycling makes the tire more resistant to wear.
Use a Z rated or higher tire if you are driving a high performance car. Check your tire pressure several times during the day to insure that the tire is properly inflated.
Slicks either new or used are acceptable. However, we encourage their use only by experienced drivers. Their handling and traction characteristics are quite different than a DOT rated street legal tire. Learn to drive on used street tires for the first two years, get to know what the car feels like at speed. Then when you put on slicks you can truly enjoy the performance difference.
What To Bring
- The proper club paperwork if any.
- Stopwatch, clipboard with paper and pen.
- Garbage bags and or a waterproof tarp.
- Change of clothes at track.
- Rubber soled shoes.
- Cell phone.
- Cooler with bottled water and sports drinks.
- Engine oil and brake fluid.
- Rotors and brake pads.
- Extra tires,mounted on wheels if you have another set.
- A variety of tools including a 100 ft.lb. torque wrench,tire pressure gauge,and jumper cables.
- Window cleaner and paper towels. Rags come in handy.
- Camera or video recorder.
This is just a starter list. A lot depends on your cargo capacity. Most things are available in the area or can be borrowed from your fellow entrants.